Componentized-WEAP RESTful Framework
Version: 1.0 | Date: 05-28-2020
The Componentized-WEAP (C-WEAP) is a RESTful framework written in NodeJS for the Water Evaluation and Planning (WEAP) System.
- Windows 10 OS (see WEAP).
- Download & Install NodeJS (use MSI with default choices)
- Download & Install Python 2.7 (use MSI with default settings), and add python path to the “Environment Variables” of the Windows OS (add to system variables)
- Open command line (cmd) in windows and run:
- npm install npm –global
- npm install typescript –global
- npm install node-gyp –global
- Open Windows PowerShell (run as administrator) and run:
- npm install –global –production windows-build-tools (see notes below)
Note 1: Download & Install Visual C++ from here if there is any error in executing step 4.
Note 2: This step may take time and further require multiple runs.
Any IDE can be used for programming, but we recommend VS-Code. In the following, the required extensions and configurations are mentioned to run the C-WEAP framework.
- Download & Install VS-Code (choose user installer)
- Download & Install Git
- Install TSLint extension in VS-Code (open VS-Code, go to the extension page, type TSLint, and click on install button)
Note: The execution policy in the Windows Client must be change to RemoteSigned to be able to run scripts. For more information see About Execution Policy and Set Execution Policy. So, open Windows PowerShell (run as administrator), and run:
Running Componentized-WEAP in VS-Code
To run the C-WEAP framework in the VS-Code, follow these steps:
- Open VS-Code
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+P (View/Command Palette…) and type “git:clone“
- Enter the C-WEAP git URL (https://github.com/comses/ComponentizedWEAP.git)
- Select the folder for the project to be uploaded
- Open VS-Code terminal (right click on the project and select Open in Terminal) and run:
- npm install (to update the required packages)
- Run the project (using launch.json)
WEAP Software System
This is a properitary software. For more information on licensing visit https://www.weap21.org/index.asp?action=217
- M.D. Fard and H.S. Sarjoughian, 2020, “Coupling WEAP And LEAP Models Using Interaction Modeling”, 52nd Annual Simulation Symposium, SpringSim conference, May, Fairfax, VA, USA.
- M.D. Fard and H.S. Sarjoughian, 2019, “A Web-service Framework for the Water Evaluation and Planning System”, 15th Symposium on Theory and Foundations for Modeling & Simulation, April, SpringSim conference, Tucson, AZ, USA.
Mostafa Fard and Hessam Sarjoughian*
* Point of contact: Hessam Sarjoughian (firstname.lastname@example.org)